• Kansas State fell to 3-1 against Louisiana with the loss and 8-3 against teams from the state of the Louisiana...
It also broke an eight-game winning streak against teams from the Pelican State... The last loss against a team
from Louisiana was to Louisiana Tech in 1988... The Cats also dropped to 14-2 all-time against current members
of the Sun Belt, while the loss broke an 11-game winning streak against the conference.
• Kansas State’s first touchdown of the night came on a 3-yard pass from Daniel Thomas to Jeron Mastrud from
the “Wildcat” formation... It was Mastrud’s third career touchdown reception and Thomas’ first touchdown pass...
It also marked the first touchdown pass from a non-quarterback since then-running back Logan Dold tossed an
eight-yard score against Oklahoma on Oct. 25, 2008.
• The Wildcats were 3-for-3 on fourth-down attempts... Last season, K-State were successful on three fourthdown
conversions in two contests, while they converted on fourth down four times against Texas Tech on October
• Kansas State recorded a safety when Louisiana’s Chris Masson ran a low snap out of the back of the end zone
on second and 7 from the Louisiana eight-yard line... It was the first Wildcat safety since Steven Cline tackled
Missouri running back Tony Temple in the end zone on Nov. 19, 2005.
• Senior tight end Jeron Mastrud finished the game with three receptions for 35 yards and one touchdown... His
35 yards gives him 1,065 for his career, needing 301 yards to become the all-time receiving yardage by a tight
end in K-State history.
• K-State finished the night with 196 rushing yards, just four yards shy of 200... Had the Wildcats reached the
200-yard plateau, it would have been the first time since 2005 that the team tallied back-to-back 200-yard rushing
• Running back Daniel Thomas carried 27 times for a career-high 136 yards and his first rushing touchdown... It
was the most rushing yards by a Wildcat since Lamark Brown had 137 yards against Louisiana last season... He
also tallied his career-long rush of 23 yards in the first half, hurdling a defender towards the end of the play.
• Daniel Thomas became the first Wildcat since 2007 to have consecutive 100-yard rushing games... James Johnson tallied 129 yards against Nebraska on Nov. 10, 2007, before gaining 172 yards against Missouri on Nov.
• The Wildcats forced three Louisiana turnovers Saturday... Lineback John Houlik picked off a tipped pass immediately
following a Wildcat fumble, marking the second straight week the K-State defense recorded an interception
following a fumble... It was Houlik’s first career interception... The Wildcats also forced and recovered two
Louisiana fumbles, including one of the Ragin’ Cajuns’ first play from scrimmage... It was the first two turnovers
by way of fumble this season.
• After averaging 37.5 yards on six punts last week, Ryan Doerr boomed five punts for a 40.8-yard average,
including a long of 50 yards.