Wichita Carroll High School product Kevin Rohleder gave his verbal commitment to the Kansas State football program on Saturday.
A 6-foot-1, 205-pound linebacker, Rohleder had also considered Arkansas and Kansas.
"I visited on Friday and really liked what I heard," said Rohleder. "I like their goals of turning the program around and making a run at Big 12 and national titles."
Rohleder missed the first half of the 2005 season due to a back injury, but in 2004, he was an honorable mention all-City linebacker.
"I think I'm best at reading, and then making the play," Rohleder said.
Rohleder, who will compete for the Carroll track team this spring, plans to major in business.
The Wildcats now have a total of seven known commitments with all of those from Kansas, or neighboring states.
Kansas State commitments
* Lamark Brown, Ath, 6-3, 215, St. Louis, Mo.
* John Cherry, Kicker, 6-1, 170, McCook, Neb.
* Jayson Cuba, Ath, 6-3, 210, Newton, Kan.
* Kaleb Drinkgern, OL, 6-7, 250, Marysville, Kan.
* Colten Freeze, OL, 6-6, 270, Liberty, Mo.
* Payton Kirk, DE, 6-5, 230, Liberty, Mo.
* Kevin Rohleder, LB, 6-1, 205, Wichita, Kan.